NEPA’s Home Heating Oil Leader
Falcon Oil has been providing Northeast Pennsylvania with quality fuel products and services for over 25 years. Our friendly team of experienced drivers and account managers will ensure that you never run out of home heating oil.
Maintenance and Conservation Tips
- Maintain your heating system. You should have it checked by a professional at least once a year to ensure your home heating oil is burning efficiently.
- Change the filters regularly. Every filter is different, read the packaging for suggested intervals.
- Adjust thermostats; keep it 65 degrees during the day and 55 degrees during sleeping hours or when the house is unoccupied.
- Replace old thermostats with programmable thermostats so you can set schedules.
- Open drapes and blinds on the south side of your home during sunny days, close them at night and on cloudy days.
- Do not block registers and hot water radiators.
- Place foil-covered cardboard between cast iron hot water radiators and the wall to reflect the heat into the room and away from the wall.
- Install storm doors and windows. The space they create makes an excellent insulator.
- Have adequate insulation throughout the house and around your water heater.
- Seal cracks and holes around windows and doors. If warm air gets out you are losing home heating oil you paid for.